SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS PART TIME TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) creates experiential, socially relevant, site-specific theatre. We believe a multiplicity of voices is necessary at every level of Single Carrot Theatre and that valuing those voices equitably is the only way to achieve innovative, vibrant, and transformative art.
The Technical Director will work closely with the Artistic Director and Production Manager to mount SCT’s productions in non-traditional spaces all over Baltimore. Ideal applicants possess a technical background in theatre production in non-traditional spaces, have excellent organizational and time-management abilities, can both lead and work in a team and possess good written and oral communication skills.
The Technical Director will lead all technical aspects of venue communication, assessing technical capacity of space and feasibility of designs from designers, lead build of any elements that require constriction, leading technical logistics, managing schedule of load in and load out with venue staff, sourcing and picking up equipment or materials, troubleshooting throughout set up and the run of the production. They will also provide all technical elements of special events, education performances, rentals and community events as well as maintaining office and rehearsal facilities. They serve as liaison on technical elements of a project or production between director, ensemble, and other staff members about community engagement and audience involvement elements of productions.
Administrative responsibilities of the Technical Director include managing and creating the production and build schedules, production budget management, updating and maintaining production inventory. They maintain cleanliness and organization of SCT spaces and venues, manage incoming and outgoing payments for materials and services related to production.
The Technical Director completes these duties with the assistance of technical support staff. The Technical Director manages all technical staff including recruitment, hiring, scheduling, timesheet management and payment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Open communication and collaborative practice.
- Experience managing builds for theatrical productions, constructing sets, and installation in non-performance spaces.
- Has a knowledge of and prioritizes safe practices and industry safety standards
- Ability to read and realize light plots and scenic blueprints.
- Working knowledge of Qlab, including programming and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of ETC Element
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership position.
- Experience in creating budgets and budget management a plus.
- Experience producing plays in non theatre venues a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Valid driver’s license
Salary & Benefits Package:
18 hours weekly, more during production periods.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume with references with subject line “Technical Director” to email@example.com.