SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS CHOREOGRAPHER
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) leads a theatre education program at Margaret Brent Elementary/Middle School and are seeking a choreographer with a background in hip hop dance to assist with a productions as part of its afterschool program on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:00-3:30.
SCT is seeking a choreographer to assist with movement and choreography with an adaptation of “Alice and Wonderland” to be performed by 5-8th grade students. The adaptation has covers of popular pop and hip hop songs throughout that we are looking to incorporate some dance numbers.
- Availability on Mondays from 2-3:30 until May 2017 when needed.
- Reliable transportation to and from Margaret Brent Elementary/Middle School.
- Ability to work alone with groups students to rehearse dances for the production.
- Give feedback to director about movement incorporated and fine tuning it.
- Ability to be present at dress rehearsals and set up for performance (late May 2017)
- Communication with teaching artist team and plan rehearsals with them.
- Some experience in education, camps or childcare.
- Dance and choreography background with ability to rehearse with children on a production. Preferably in hop hop and pop dance.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and criminal background check.
Single Carrot will pay an honorarium of $150.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse community of staff, interns and artists. Individuals from all groups are encouraged to apply.