SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Single Carrot Theatre seeks an enthusiastic and charismatic Development Director to oversee the theatre’s annual fundraising goal of approximately $350,000 for its theatrical, education, and community programming, with an intent to increase revenue goals in future years. Funding sources will include individual donors, local and national foundations, and corporations.
The Development Director reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for all aspects of fundraising and stewardship of donors for Single Carrot Theatre. They will work directly with program staff to identify funding needs and to understand the use and impact of donors’ contributions. They will also collaborate closely with the Marketing Manager to design publications and programs to familiarize prospects and donors with Single Carrot’s goals, activities and impact, encourage investment in the theatre’s work, and recognize donors.
- Design and oversee a fundraising strategy and work plan to identify and cultivate prospects, solicit funds, and steward donors.
- Identify new prospects (individuals, foundations, and corporations).
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of all letters of inquiry, proposals, narrative and financial reports, appeals, acknowledgements, and related fundraising materials.
- Organize cultivation, fundraising, and/or stewardship events.
- Record contacts, fundraising activities, cultivation and solicitation results, and pledges and funds received in (Salesforce) database.
- Collaborate with artistic staff and ensemble members to identify funding needs and priorities and to track the impact of donors’ funds.
- Coordinate with communications staff to develop messaging and materials to support fundraising efforts.
- Prepare and present progress reports to staff and Development Committee.
- Report to the Single Carrot Board of Directors to assess progress, receive guidance, and elicit participation in cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Develop and manage a budget for development activities.
- Provide leadership as a member of the Single Carrot Theatre senior team and participate actively staff meetings and other organization-wide activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of three years professional arts fundraising or nonprofit executive leadership experience preferred.
- Excellent written and public speaking ability.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, as well as fundraising databases and CRMs such as Salesforce.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full health care benefits available.
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse community of staff, interns and artists. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
ABOUT SINGLE CARROT THEATRE
The Single Carrot Theatre ensemble is a driving force for theatrical innovation in Baltimore—championing new, diverse, and socially significant works; reinvigorating the classics; creating vibrant theatrical experiences; and fiercely supporting the growth of artists.
In 2007, Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) opened its doors to become a driving force for theatrical innovation in Baltimore. SCT is “the dean of Baltimore’s alternative theatre scene (The Baltimore Sun) and reaches over 3,000 audience members and over 1,000 students annually. Now entering its 11th full season, Single Carrot theatre has produced over 45 mainstage productions, participated in numerous collaborative endeavors with area nonprofits, offered extensive educational programming for both children and adults and engaged in international exchanges with theatre artists from Russia, Hungary and Bulgaria. SCT productions continue to receive critical praise and provide an indispensable home for emerging theatre artists and recent graduates in Baltimore to hone and professionalize their craft. Through various initiatives, Single Carrot Theatre has made it a priority to engage and empower Baltimore’s residents through theatre.