SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS PART TIME EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Following our successful fundraising campaign, we are growing our education programs! Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) is committed to creating enthusiastic 21st-century learners through ensemble-building, collaboration, and theatrical performance. Our theatre education programs include partnerships with local schools and organizations to deliver onsite theatre education, high school student matinees, an assembly performance program through Young Audiences of Maryland, summer camps, and a variety of classes, workshops and teambuilding for children and adults. You can find a comprehensive summary of our education programs on Single Carrot Theatre’s website.
The Education Director will grow and formalize SCT’s education programming. This includes documenting and organizing existing SCT program offerings and pedagogies, developing new education programs, and building relationships with organizations, schools, and arts educator networks. This position requires 10-15 hours a week for administrative duties, plus additional opportunities to teach SCT education programs as schedule permits.
- Managing existing education programs including program design, observation of teachers, program assessment, budget management and reporting.
- Formalizing SCT’s program offerings and developing new education programs.
- Staffing SCT education programs through hiring teaching artists, coordinating substitutes, and substituting for other programs as needed.
- Supervising teaching artists.
- Coordinating logistics of student matinees, assembly programs, workshops, and other education programs.
- Coordinating enrollment, teaching and staffing of SCT’s summer camps.
- Working with marketing and PR department to develop materials to showcase SCT’s education programs
- Documenting SCT’s education programs through collection of participation data, photos, videos, and evaluation.
- Reaching out to schools and organizations to identify and seek new program partners.
- Reviewing and developing agreements and contracts with partners.
- Grant writing and reporting for education programs as needed.
- Leading education advisory committee, comprised of board and ensemble members and volunteers.
- Teaching additional education programs as schedule allows.
- Working at the Single Carrot office for 10-15 hours each week
- Reports to the Artistic Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre and/or education, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 4 years experience working in theatre arts education.
- 3+ years theatre experience, performance or directing preferred.
- Experience developing and leading arts education programs or writing arts education curriculum.
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership position.
- Experience working within a public-school system as a teacher or teaching artist.
- Experience in grant writing or reporting a plus.
- Experience in creating budgets and budget management a plus.
- Strong classroom management and behavioral management skills are a must.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and criminal background check.
Salary & Benefits Package:
- $16-20/ hour, commensurate with experience
- Benefits package offered
This is a part-time position, working 10-15 hours per week, with additional opportunities to teach as schedule permits.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume with references with subject line “Education Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse community of staff, interns and artists. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT SINGLE CARROT THEATRE
The Single Carrot Theatre ensemble is a driving force for theatrical innovation in Baltimore—championing new, diverse, and socially significant works; reinvigorating the classics; creating vibrant theatrical experiences; and fiercely supporting the growth of artists.
In 2007, Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) opened its doors to become a driving force for theatrical innovation in Baltimore. SCT is “the dean of Baltimore’s alternative theatre scene (The Baltimore Sun) and reaches over 3,000 audience members and over 1,000 students annually. Now entering its 11th full season, Single Carrot Theatre has produced over 45 mainstage productions, participated in numerous collaborative endeavors with area nonprofits, offered extensive educational programming for both children and adults and engaged in international exchanges with theatre artists from Russia, Hungary and Bulgaria. SCT productions continue to receive critical praise and provide an indispensable home for emerging theatre artists and recent graduates in Baltimore to hone and professionalize their craft. Through various initiatives, Single Carrot Theatre has made it a priority to engage and empower Baltimore’s residents through theatre.