SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS THEATRE EDUCATION INTERN
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) leads a theatre education program at Margaret Brent Elementary/Middle School and are seeking an education intern to assist with its afterschool program on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:00-3:30 as well as meet with teaching artists to assist with planning rehearsals and organizing production elements.
The afterschool program will culminate in a 2 productions of new adaptations of children’s stories in late May. 5th-8th grade will perform “Alice and Wonderland” and 1-4th grade will perform the “The Jungle Book.” Both adaptations of these plays have covers of popular pop and hip hop songs throughout.
- Full availability on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2-3:30 until May 2017.
- Reliable transportation to and from Margaret Brent Elementary/Middle School.
- Ability to work alone with groups students to rehearse scenes and songs for the production.
- Work additional hours in month leading up to production (April & May)
- Assist with coordination and planning of spring production.
- Communicate with teaching artist team to plan and prepare for rehearsals.
- Some experience in education, camps or childcare.
- Theatre background with ability to rehearse with children on a production.
- Dance and/or music background is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and criminal background check.
This is an unpaid internship. Single Carrot will gladly work with student to obtain college credit.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse community of staff, interns and artists. Individuals from all groups are encouraged to apply.