SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS PART-TIME MARKETING MANAGER
About Single Carrot Theatre:
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community—across race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, socioeconomic background, and political viewpoint— in which all are encouraged to apply. Some of our core values include:
- That we take risks in the pursuit of artistic excellence and innovation
- That we believe theatre should propel people to re-envision themselves, each other, their communities, and Baltimore.
- We believe in a transparent artistic process that is equally welcoming to guest artists and community members.
- We approach our work with a spirit of generosity and collaboration.
- We believe a multiplicity of diverse voices is necessary at every level of Single Carrot Theatre and that valuing those voices equitably is the only way to achieve innovative, vibrant, and transformative art.
- Theatre should play a role in dismantling all systems of oppression.
- We are adaptive and responsive to here and now.
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT), Baltimore’s premier alternative theatre company, creates socially relevant theatre as a form of civic engagement in Baltimore by producing vibrant, experiential performances in traditional and non-traditional theatre venues; building cross-sector partnerships; and facilitating empowering education programs. This includes three productions annually, one night events, a robust education program, and a variety of fundraising and community engagement events. Having recently adopted its new mission and let go of its performance space to become a site specific, more community-minded theatre company, Single Carrot Theatre is in a unique position in Baltimore to hone its path towards organizational growth through bold artistic and organizational choices focused on the city and its residents.
The Marketing Manager will take the lead in developing and implementing marketing strategies for Single Carrot Theatre. He/she/they will cooperate with the Executive Director (ED) to generate and execute programmatic marketing plans to grow revenue from ticket sales and institutional marketing, pursuing PR and media opportunities to share stories about Single Carrot programs and initiatives. The Marketing Manager will cultivate relationships with new and existing audiences and media; clearly communicate Single Carrot’s goals, activities, and impact with them; and maintain or initiate communication with them through targeted marketing campaigns carried out through a mix of relationship, email, social media, fliers, postcards, and events.
SCT has a small staff of 6 people (4 artistic & program staff (1 full-time, 3 part-time) and 2 full-time administrative staff). An ensemble of artists also work to support the company’s mission. We are looking for a candidate who can both develop and implement strategy from top to bottom for a small organization.
- Design and execute a marketing strategy and work plan to grow
audience base, identify and cultivate prospects.
- Create and execute data-driven targeted marketing campaigns.
- Implement social media plans and maintaining all social media accounts
- Copywriting for marketing and PR materials.
- Coordinating poster and flyer distribution
- Develop and manage a budget for marketing activities.
- Website upkeep.
- Box Office support.
- A breadth of professional experience including extensive work in
- Passion for the arts or theatre a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in social media, including paid advertising and data tracking
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other program for graphic design, video,
and photo editing
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization and Google Ads
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CRMs such as Salesforce/PatronManager
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $15,000 – $20,000 (based on experience level)
Part-time (Minimum 20-25 hours per week)
Flexible work schedule
Generous Health Insurance package
To apply for the position, please send a resume to email@example.com
We invite you to share anything that best shows off your qualification for this position. This could include your Facebook account, Instagram handle and Twitter handle or the handles for an organization / group account you run.