SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING MANAGER
About Single Carrot Theatre:
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community—across race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, socioeconomic background, and political viewpoint— in which all are encouraged to apply. Some of our core values include:
- That we take risks in the pursuit of artistic excellence and innovation
- That we believe theatre should propel people to re-envision themselves, each other, their communities, and Baltimore.
- We believe in a transparent artistic process that is equally welcoming to guest artists and community members.
- We approach our work with a spirit of generosity and collaboration.
- We believe a multiplicity of diverse voices is necessary at every level of Single Carrot Theatre and that valuing those voices equitably is the only way to achieve innovative, vibrant, and transformative art.
- Theatre should play a role in dismantling all systems of oppression.
- We are adaptive and responsive to here and now.
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT), Baltimore’s premier alternative theatre company, creates socially relevant theatre as a form of civic engagement in Baltimore by producing vibrant, experiential performances in traditional and non-traditional theatre venues; building cross-sector partnerships; and facilitating empowering education programs. This includes three productions annually, one night events, a robust education program, and a variety of fundraising and community engagement events. Having recently adopted its new mission, which embraces site specific productions and intentional community partnerships, Single Carrot Theatre is in a unique position in Baltimore to hone its path towards organizational growth through bold artistic and organizational choices focused on the city and its residents.
The Development & Marketing Manager will take the lead in developing and implementing both marketing and fundraising strategies for Single Carrot Theatre. Working under the direction of the Executive Director(ED), he/she/they will create and execute a development plan that will generate upwards of $275,000 annually through grants, sponsorships, special events, and individual donors. This individual will also collaborate with the ED to generate and execute programmatic marketing plans to grow revenue from ticket sales and institutional marketing, pursuing PR and media opportunities to share stories about Single Carrot programs and initiatives. The Development & Marketing Manager will cultivate relationships with new and existing audiences and donors; clearly communicate Single Carrot’s goals, activities, and impact with them; and maintain or initiate communication with them through targeted marketing campaigns carried out through a mix of relationship building, email, social media, fliers, postcards, and events.
SCT has a small staff of 6 people (4 artistic); program staff (1 full-time, 3 part-time) and 2 full-time administrative staff). An ensemble of artists also work to support the company’s mission. We are looking for a candidate who can both develop and implement strategy from top to bottom for a small organization.
- Design and execute a fundraising and marketing strategy and work plan to grow
audience base, identify and cultivate prospects, solicit funds, and steward
- Maintain and update customer relationship management system (PatronManager
on SalesForce platform)
- Create and execute data-driven targeted marketing campaigns.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of all letters of inquiry, proposals,
narrative and financial reports, appeals, acknowledgements, and related
- Organize cultivation, fundraising, and/or stewardship events.
- Collaborate with artistic staff and ensemble members to identify funding needs
and priorities and to track the impact of donors’ funds.
- Implement social media plans and maintaining all social media accounts
- Copywriting for marketing and PR materials.
- Coordinating poster and flyer distribution
- Prepare mailings for postcards and appeals.
- Prepare and present reports to staff and board of directors to assess progress, receive guidance, and elicit participation in cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Develop and manage a budget for fundraising and marketing activities.
- Website upkeep.
- Box Office support.
- A breadth of experience in fundraising and marketing
- College Education or equivalent professional experience
- Passion for the arts or theatre a plus
- Strong grant writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in social media, including paid advertising and data tracking
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other program for graphic design, video,
and photo editing
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization and Google Ads
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CRMs such as Salesforce/PatronManager
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 (based on experience level)
- Full-time Position OR Part-time Position with additional administrative support (Minimum 30-35 hours per week, salary scaled to level of employment)
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous Health Insurance package
To apply for the position:
- Please send a resume to email@example.com
- Tell us a little bit about why you are interested in this position.
- Indicate whether you are interested in a full-time or part-time position.
- We invite you to share anything that best shows off your qualifications for this position. This could include a writing sample, your Facebook account, Instagram handle and Twitter handle or the handles for an organization / group account you run.