SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS TECHNICAL ASSISTANTS
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) is seeking technical assistants to support the Technical Director in planning and execution of show designs, space set up for rentals, and other support as needed.
This position is an independent contractor position on an as needed basis, averaging 5-20 hours a week, depending on SCT’s production calendar and needs; work has already begun on SCT’s upcoming show, so hours will be available immediately to qualified candidates.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative work environment and is a team player.
- Strong communication and forward thinking
- Good time management and project planning skills.
- Timely communication of schedule with Technical Director.
- Able to lift and move large objects up to 50 lbs.
- Has a knowledge of and prioritizes safe practices and industry safety standards.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Qualifications for Electricians:
- Comfortable climbing ladder and working at height of 17′, familiarity with theatrical lighting vocabulary..
- Knowledge of ETC Element a big plus.
- Ability to read Light Plots.
- Some knowledge of audio set up preferred.
Qualifications for Audio Technicians:
- Working knowledge of Qlab including programming sound and projection cues, troubleshooting,
- Ability to solder and fix equipment a plus.
- Comfortable climbing ladder and working at height of 17′, knowledge of a range of audio equipment.
- Someone with Electrics knowledge preferred.
Qualifications For Carpenters:
- Ability to read scenic blueprints and cut lists.
- Ability to operate a table saw.
- Drafting skills a plus.
Compensation: $10.50-$12 hourly, commensurate with experience and position
This is an independent contractor position
To Apply: Please send and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse community of staff, interns and artists. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
ABOUT SINGLE CARROT THEATRE
The Single Carrot Theatre ensemble is a driving force for theatrical innovation in Baltimore—championing new, diverse, and socially significant works; reinvigorating the classics; creating vibrant theatrical experiences; and fiercely supporting the growth of artists.
In 2007, Single Carrot Theatre (SCT) opened its doors to become a driving force for theatrical innovation in Baltimore. SCT is “the dean of Baltimore’s alternative theatre scene (The Baltimore Sun) and reaches over 3,000 audience members and over 1,000 students annually. Now entering its 11th full season, Single Carrot theatre has produced over 45 mainstage productions, participated in numerous collaborative endeavors with area nonprofits, offered extensive educational programming for both children and adults and engaged in international exchanges with theatre artists from Russia, Hungary and Bulgaria. SCT productions continue to receive critical praise and provide an indispensable home for emerging theatre artists and recent graduates in Baltimore to hone and professionalize their craft. Through various initiatives, Single Carrot Theatre has made it a priority to engage and empower Baltimore’s residents through theatre.