Single Carrot Theatre is proud to champion thrilling, innovative, community driven art in Baltimore, and we’ve been producing it throughout the pandemic!
As theatres across the country reopen, many of our colleagues are observing an opportunity to revolutionize the art they make and how they choose to make it. Whether through community conversations, virtual education programming, or intimate performances in our neighbors’ backyards, Single Carrot has made deep engagement a priority.In the past year SCT has not only maintained its operation, we have increased artist pay, grown our staff and developed new ways to create, collaborate, innovate, and connect.
Before Covid-19 closed the door on in-person productions, SCT had already made the bold decision to align our mission to art developed with meaningful connection to our communities. Fuelled by individual and organizational relationships, our work – on and off the stage – prioritizes collaboration, imagination, and equity by design. We’ve spent the last two years learning how to firmly root our programming in service to Baltimore. As the city continues to recover and reopen, we are ready to deliver on that promise. Be sure to check your mailbox and watch our social media to learn more!
Like most producing arts organizations, we are looking toward 2022 with a mix of hope and caution. We are heartened by our success reimagining art in a global pandemic, and we are proud of the ways our work contributes to the rich fabric of our city. Still, we know that there are challenges to come. Just as we champion a bold, creative, and just Baltimore, we hope that you will continue to be a champion for us! Your support has allowed us to fully commit to these values throughout the greatest challenge faced by arts organizations in a century. We would be so grateful if you would once again invest in art that upholds this vision, for us, and for Baltimore.
Genevieve de Mahy | Artistic Director
Emily Cory | Executive Director
The Resiliency Fund at Single Carrot Theatre
If you prefer to donate by mail, a check payable to Single Carrot Theatre may be sent to:
Single Carrot also accepts corporate sponsorships, corporate matching gifts and in-kind donations. Please email email@example.com or call (443) 844-9253 for more information.
COMMUNITY INVESTMENT TAX CREDITS
Single Carrot Theatre has been awarded $15,000 in Community Investment Tax Credits though the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development. This means that Single Carrot Theatre can raise a total of $30,000 in qualifying contributions. Once we reach $30,000, they will no longer be available. In other words, this is a limited time offer.
CITC break down:
- Donate $500 or more to Single Carrot
- Get back 50% of your donation* in the form of a Maryland tax credit.
- Please consider making your gift by July 31.
- Claim a deduction on your state and federal taxes for your full donation in addition to the MD tax credit!
- Goods and property can qualify for CITC credits. If you are interested in contributing in this way, please contact Single Carrot to see if your in-kind contribution aligns with our current needs.
- You lived in Maryland on the last day of the taxable year for which you want to claim the credit.
- You e-file.
- You have a personal tax liability in Maryland (i.e., you file a state income tax form) or your business (if it’s the donor) does.
- You can only use the tax credits against taxes owed for the year in which the donation was made.
- Just 4 quick lines on Maryland Form 500CR Part E—Community Investment Tax Credit.
Please email or call Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or (443) 844-9253 for more information.